Sunday, April 24, 2011

Something's Missing

There are so many times in my life that I've constantly wondered what was missing from my life. I always thought that maybe it was the fact I never lived alone. Never had my own things and always shared my life with someone. Whether it was my ex husband or my family. Now that I'm in my own place I realize that isn't it.

Two years ago I met an amazing person who just knew how to make me smile, make me laugh and just had away to make me feel complete. He was perfect...well as perfect as they come. But because of where I was in life I wasn't ready for him and blew it.

But for some reason we've always stayed in contact. How is it that someone that you have barely spent anytime with could possibly be your soul-mate? Sounds crazy? I know..

They say you know when you know. If that's the case then he's my world. I haven't seen him in over nine months. We've lied to one another, remained friends, confided in one another and at the end of the day we both care deeply for each-other.

But what do you do when that person lives a plane flight away? How do you begin? How do you turn something small into something fabulous? He wants me there, I want him here...where is the happy compromise?

I thought that I was finally over him, finally moving on and trying to find something else....then I heard his voice and it all comes back like rushing rapids. My friends think I'm crazy, leave him, let him go. My family says don't hold my breath, he'll never come through. And my head tells me that they are all correct. Except.....my heart says he's the one.

I've compromised so much in my life for everyone else. And I'm so tired of doing that. For once, I want someone to compromise for me. Prove I'm important enough, I'm worth it. But the real question is...will that ever happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment